Wednesday, January 25, 2012

To clarify

When I write that I "run", that's really being quite generous. While technically what I'm doing isn't speed-walking because there are split seconds where both feet are off the ground, it's not really much faster since I'm trying to keep a slow pace and increase my distance. Maybe "jogging" is more fair. Or beating the sidewalk into submission.

Temperature was below 30F this morning. Very quickly the problem of staying warm disappears and the issue of staying cool arises. Wasn't my best day. I couldn't wear my running shoes because they are so thin. There are other versions of the same shoe make of suede that I'm looking at, because none of the other shoes I own are that great for running jogging. I did 1.5 miles including two walking breaks.

233 days to go


View 1/25/12 8:30 AM in a larger map

No comments: