Friday, January 27, 2012

Dog's life

While I was on vacation, friends with two dogs were kind enough to take care of her for me, so she had people and other dogs to play with. Since I've been back I hadn't taken her on a walk, so I wanted to do that today (I couldn't fly because the weather wasn't cooperating). We walked about 2 1/4 miles and I thought that would be my exercise for the day. After all, it's a little cold out, and I don't have to run EVERY day, right? But I won't get to run tomorrow (Saturday) because I have a class in the morning and it's off to work after lunch.

After I got warmed up from walking, though, I decided to change shoes and run anyway. I ran jogged the same route I had just walked with Zoe. That's the furthest I've run this year (or in many many years). There are so many times along the way (pretty much every time I go out) that I have to talk myself out of slowing to a walk.

I don't know if my blood pressure is up along with my heart rate, but I noticed that my tinnitus seemed louder after I got home and sat down. That's something I've had to learn to ignore for the last 8 years or so.

Anyway, good running day. (That's a slightly different route on the map than the 1.95 route. I turn right off Shull a block later.)

231 days to go.

View 1/27/12 12:26 PM in a larger map

No comments: