Monday, January 30, 2012

Anticipate

There's some perverse thing that apparently happens in the psychology of someone who runs jogs (okay, that gag is seriously played out). Instead of knowing I have to run because there are 228 days to go, I was honestly excited to have the time and circumstances to be able to run this afternoon after work.

I didn't even bother to take the phone with me today because I knew that would force me to run the entire 2 1/4 mile route. If I slowed down to a walk earlier, I wouldn't quite know how far I ran. I forced myself to run about 4 houses past my driveway just to prove to myself I can do more even when I'm tired (6.2 miles still feels so far away), then walked back as a short cool-down.

I'm hoping some of my weight starts to drop off soon. I really think that allow me to keep my energy up and maybe even speed up a little. I think I can get to the 5K distance pretty soon. The Miamisburg 5K Fun Run is 2 months away. While my goal has always been just to finish, it would be fun to finish without being behind everyone else, but I won't get caught up in that.

No comments: