Monday, January 9, 2012

249 days to go

Well, I'm in the midst of a couple days that are really busy and not sure when I'll be able to get back out, even though the weather has been great. I scheduled myself to work the past 2 days, today, and tomorrow to get as many hours as possible before I leave on vacation tomorrow. So as soon as I get home after my flight today, I have to get Zoe's things together to drop her off at her sitter, finish packing my bags and my car. Obviously no map to post today, but I thought I'd write about them briefly. I've been using my Android phone and an app called MyTracks to record distance, speed, and ground track. I love that I can just hit a button and have a map exported to my google account, I'm not sure exactly how accurate it is. The tracks on the maps obviously weave back and forth as my phone tries to get a good signal, etc. Also, it's kind of a pain to carry a phone in your hip pocket. It really only works when it's cold enough to justify a jacket (with an inside pocket), and even then, it's not he most comfortable. That's why I've been looking into getting a Garmin ForeRunner 110 watch. I don't necessarily need one with a heart monitor, but the reviews seems to indicate a high level of accuracy, and I can still export the data to a course map on the Garmin Connect site. I'm keeping an eye on eBay for one, but either way it'll have to wait until I get back from Florida, where at least it will be warm enough to break in the running shoes.

No comments: