Monday, January 23, 2012

235 days to go

Feeling good today. I got a boost of confidence running with Evren Saturday after we ran for 20 minutes and I still felt like I could do more. So today I challenged myself to run 2 miles without slowing to a walk. (I'm convinced there's a significant psychological element to this whole running thing. Sure, your body has to be conditioned, but I think there were times when I've "talked" myself out of running farther.)

It was really windy this afternoon, but most of the headwind was in the first half of the run...which of course meant I had wind at my back for a significant portion of the second mile. I didn't let myself slow to a walk until I got back to my driveway, which ended up being about 2.1 miles in 22 minutes.

View 1/23/12 4:23 PM in a larger map

No comments: