Saturday, January 19, 2008

The last place you look...

[migrated from myspace blog]

Of course
it's always the last place you look...for good reason.

"They" say the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result. If that's the case, I'm in trouble.

Let me back up. Most people who know me can attest to the fact that I'm a bit anal particular when it comes to optical media. Basically what it comes down to is that I treat my CDs and DVDs as if they'll have to last a lifetime, and the only way for that to happen is if they're handled carefully (seriously, you should never have to wipe fingerprints off the surface of a DVD because you shouldn't be touching it.) When I was a teenager I even used to put all my CDs in the case with the "top" up (I don't bother, anymore.) But it's still pretty rare for me to put a CD in the wrong case unless it's very temporary and I have a good reason.

So back to being crazy, I've been looking in the same cases over and over, hoping maybe I didn't really look there earlier, for a lost (not LOST) CD I got for Christmas. It's not in any DVD player, CD player, or computer in the house or in my car. And yes, it's definitely enough to drive a person mad.

Has anyone ever found something in the second-to-last place they looked? If so, why were they still looking after they found it? Who's mad, now?

No comments: