Saturday, February 25, 2012

Windy and Windier

Yesterday I got some bad news at work, so all I wanted to do when I got home was run. It's the only time I feel like I'm in control of anything because it's just me. Ran 5K, then ran the same route backwards this morning just to have something different to look at. In both cases I ended up running uphill and into the wind simultaneously, but 3.1 miles is feeling better, so I need to find a 3.5 route and start making my runs longer so I can keep pushing towards 6.2. I also passed 70 miles for the year, today.
202 days to go.

I guess it's time for a career change, because not only is there no room for advancement here...here is closing. Maybe some day I'll actually find something I'm good at, or can at least finish. I guess that's why this race is so important to me. I know I can cross the finish line, unlike so many other things I've started in the past.

TPTB want to retain the benefits of having us on base (141 Flight School certificate) without retaining us, but when the personnel goes, so does the certificate. That will be explained in a meeting on Wednesday, the day after Col Keasley comes to our safety meeting to tell the membership why she hates us she's closing the Aero Club. Leadership continues to fail to see the big picture consequences of their actions.

No comments: