Friday, February 3, 2012

Frost on the Grass

This is the first time I've ever set my alarm clock earlier than I needed to so I could run in the morning. It was 30 degrees when I left and there was still frost on the grass by the time I got home. I started off a little slower than yesterday and was still feeling strong going up the hill after the 2-mile mark (usually I start to get tired around 1.5 miles). It was like my legs were on autopilot and I was able to pick up the pace a little until I got home, then about a 5 minute cool-down walk. Pretty easy to cool down when it's in the 30s...just took off gloves and headgear. I also ran without the thermal shirt I had on yesterday. It that helped. I probably got a little to warm yesterday.

Today was also my first run with my second pair of Reebok Realflex...I know, I know...Mark, do you really need a second pair of identical shoes? Well, I justified two ways. I didn't pay for the first pair, so it's buy one get one free for me (both pairs were on sale). The new pair is a pretty similar color scheme, but instead of white mesh, it has grey suede with very little added weight. I was right that this pair keeps my toes from getting cold the way my first pair allows. I ordered them online to pick up in the store (free shipping) but they never called me to tell me they were there. I called and found out they had already arrived and had time to pick them up since I had a cancel one of my 4 flights yesterday due to the clouds.

My left ankle had some slight discomfort this morning, but I'm sure it wasn't the shoes. I ran out of glucosamine pills for my joints, so that's going to be a priority today. 224 days to go.








No comments: