Monday, January 5, 2009

Pushing Daisies and Blade Runner

[migrated from myspace blog]

What in the world could Pushing Daisies and Blade Runner have in common?
Valid question. When I was watching one of the Fall episodes of Pushing Daisies, there was a scene where the two main characters walk out of their respective apartment doors near the corner of what appeared to be a hallway. However, as the camera panned, the view was something like this.



Despite being well-lit, Blade Runner fans will immediately recognize this as the interior of the Bradbury Building in L.A., although it may be a little more recognizable like this.




This building has been used in quite a few movies, especially noir films...and now you're probably waiting on me to get to the point. Unfortunately I don't actually have one. It just caught me by surprise to see this building, which I'm most familiar with from the darkly-lit film Blade Rrunner, show up on the bright and colorful TV show Pushing Daisies (R.I.P. ...ironic).

No comments: