Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pockets

[migrated from myspace blog]

I think I prefer colder weather for one reason and one reason only. Wearing a coat or jacket usually doubles the number of pockets available to me. In the winter, I can comfortably carry my wallet, keys, a couple of pens, Chap Stick, PDA, analog notebook, and digital camera (and cell phone if I wanted to be bothered by an income-sucking nuisance.) The only reason I bring it up, is that I literally left my Chap Stick in my other pants when I left this morning, so I set myself up to have a bad day. By 10 PM I was looking forward to finally getting home, Marble Slab shake in hand, but what I came home to was far from a chance to relax (and find my Chap Stick). When I leave the dog home alone for a long time I make sure she can go outside, but that doesn't mean I expect to find grass puked up on my bed and soaked through to the mattress. She didn't even eat all the food in her bowl. Sheets are in the washer, mattress is clean and drying, and I haven't even gotten around to getting the mail.

No comments: