Monday, February 15, 2010

The Real BubbaCoop

I've been BubbaCoop online since about 1994 on AOL (it was BubbCoop then because AOL was still restricting screen names to 8 characters.) It grew out of my Forrest Gump impersonation...Bubba Gump became BubbaCoop. The list of domains where I've owned the BubbaCoop handle is probably too extensive for me to even recall, but it includes
BlogSpot
GMail
Facebook
Myspace
Amazon
PhotoBucket
Youtube
Internet Archive
Digg
Librarything
BookMooch
FunnyOrDie
BuddyTV
FlightAware
AbsolutePunk
HomeTheaterForum
RelevantMagazine
BTTF
imdb
DVDTalk
iTunes
and countless message boards and forums
I even own a Dickie's jacket with "BubbaCoop" embroidered on it.

Just Google it. There are supposedly 16,100 hits, and as far in as I looked, they're all me.

So it came as a surprise to me when I began to see someone else using my screen name on myfamily.com and twitter. I had to resort to using Bubba_Coop instead. So don't be fooled by imitators. I'm the Real Thing.

No comments: