Monday, June 8, 2009

Bad driver of the day, Monday edition

Brandt Pike southbound, under I-70, turning left to I-70 East:

There are 2 left turn lanes for each direction. One northbound car stops at his red light, initially ignorant of the fact that we had a left turn arrow. Nearly all the cars were in the left left-turn lane because of the semi-truck in the right left-turn lane. So northbound sees us turning left and stops, but then starts creeping into the turn, still apparently oblivious to the existence of the other left-turn lane. He continues to creep out, but never fully commits, so he ends up sitting somewhere he shouldn't be in the first place while blocking a tractor trailer, as I watch in my mirrors and shake my head in disbelief that Ohio will give a driver's license to anyone with a face and $50.

Yesterday, Executive Blvd. and Troy Pike:
There are 2 left turn lanes and one straight/right turn lane. I'm patiently awaiting the green light several cars back. When it changes, a woman from the right left-turn lane floors the gas and cuts into my lane so she can cross Troy Pike in the correct lane, only to then get into the left turn lane across the street. Since I was turning right and she had incorrectly stopped at the bottom of the hill at a place where incoming traffic is not supposed to stop, I slowed down to give her a stare and make sure she knew I knew she was clueless.

No comments: