Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Unworthy Filmgoers

[migrated from myspace blog]

If I had the authority, I would have kicked out the two people sitting behind me in I Am Legend before the movie ever started. Not because they were talkative, which was annoying enough, but because they didn't deserve to be there. Their film ignorance was shown to be enormous during the Dark Knight trailer.

Guy 1: There's a new Batman movie? Didn't Jim Carrey play the Joker?

Guy 2: No, that was the Riddler.

Guy 1: Oh, who played the Joker?

Guy 2: I don't know.

It's bad enough to not even know there's a new Batman movie coming out, but to not remember who played the Joker in 1989?! Alright guys, I'll give you a clue, since you're clearly clueless.

Also, you're both banned from seeing any movie not involving

Jerry Bruckheimer or Michael Bay (Sick to my stomach over a remake of The Birds. Remember Gus van Sant's Psycho?! Apparently not.)

No comments: