Saturday, August 4, 2007

HBO thinks Americans are stupid

[migrated from myspace blog]

I'm enraged at HBO for Americanizing a British TV show (apparenlty before airing it and also) on DVD. They changed a (fairly vulgar) line that was funny in "English" to a very unfunny (yet equally vular) "Americanese" line. I know the line was there because I downloaded the show (Extras, season 2) just after it aired on BBC2. I didn't know it had been changed because I never saw it aired on HBO. If I had known I never would have bought the American DVD, but ordered the region 2 UK DVD. They also changed a reference to Billy Piper in conversation about Harry Potter. They replaced it with Halle Barry, which sounds nothing like Harry Potter. I feel like my DVDs are tainted. Why don't they just make Greedo shoot first while they're at it?
< /rant >

No comments: