Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Music from before you were born

[migrated from myspace blog]

I've found it really interesting in the last few months to discover music I've heard before. I don't mean once or twice, but music that's been around my entire life and has been heard in movies, TV shows, commercials, classic rock radio, etc. The weird thing about "growing up with" the music is that hearing it so much prevents a person from realizing that some of it is really quite good. Yes, most of the same bands put out some music that makes it seem like they were just tring to pay their mortgage. I thought I'd never seek out music from bands like The Doobie Brothers, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Three Dog Night...but there's some seriously good music there.

On a whole different level is one of rock's greatest showmen, Jerry Lee Lewis. I guarantee you've never heard a 71-year-old burn up a keyboard the way he still can. You own it to yourself to spend the 99 cents to download Rock and Roll with Jerry on Balwin piano and Jimmy Page on that legendary Les Paul.

(Note that when this picure was taken, these guys were already covering Chuck Berry tunes, so who's the father of Rock 'n Roll?)



http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=7375214&s=143441&i=7375109

No comments: